- This event has passed.
September Membership Meeting
September 15, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thanks to the generosity of Merrily and Michael Connelly, we will have the use of the beautiful building and grounds at Salt Water Farm Vineyard, where there will be plenty of room for social distancing.
Please note that the meeting is on a Tuesday, not our traditional Wednesday. Please also note that we will not be providing refreshments – you are welcome to bring your own beverage and snack.
The meeting program is as follows:
- A short business meeting.
- A demonstration of Autumnal Floral Designs using pumpkins and gourds. (Note, this is not the pumpkin succulent we have created before. It’s a new twist!) We have two GCA Zone II Representatives who will be conducting this demonstration. Valerie Mead, Garden Club of America Zone II Flower Show Representative, from Stamford, CT and Nancy Kalal, Garden Club of America Zone II Flower Design Representative, from New Canaan, CT. Two techniques will be demonstrated, a traditional mass design and a modern mass design.
- The Meeting will conclude after the demonstration with an optional tour of the Vineyard, weather permitting.
- We will have Committee Sign-Up sheets for you to view and select your committee of choice for the year.
- One hour after the Meeting there will be hands-on Workshop led by our presenters. To participate, sign-up beforehand and pre-pay the $30 workshop fee by September 8th. This workshop will give you hands-on practice for our first Bench Show on October 14th.
- Please feel free to bring your lunch/beverage and enjoy each other’s company under the tent or on the lawn.
A special hands-on workshop will follow the Membership Meeting. If you would like to participate at 1 pm, it is essential that you RSVP by September 8th. The fee is $30 and will take place 1 hour after the Membership Meeting is over.
If you would like to bring a guest to the Membership Meeting please contact Kirby Williams, Chair of Membership, before the Meeting.
In times of COVID-19, it is imperative that you RSVP for all our meetings. Significant work goes into preparing the venue for social distancing. Thank you for taking the time to RSVP.