Due to the Covid pandemic, we had to postpone our triennial “Gardens by the Sea” tour in 2020 and then again in 2021. This has left a huge funding gap that threatens our ability to support our community projects, scholarships, and grants. Please take a look at our new video – we hope it will inspire you to give a tax-deductible donation today. Your generous gift of any size truly makes a difference. Thank you!
The Stonington Garden Club is a 501(c)(3) organization.
What does the Stonington Garden Club do that needs so much financial support?
- The Children’s Garden at the Stonington Community Center was built and is maintained entirely by the Garden Club to support the COMO’s many educational programs.
- NatureScapes, is a field trip program created by the club for every 3rd grader in Stonington.
- Annual scholarships to Stonington High School are given to seniors interested in environmental studies.
- The Lighthouse Garden, the Post Office flower beds and Wayland’s Wharf rain garden were built and are maintained by our members.
- Hundreds of holiday floral arrangements are created by the club for local care facilities.
- Wreaths are made by members and donated to raise funds for the Stonington Historical Society and to decorate the Library, the Como and the Post Office.
- Our Village Fair floral booth raises funds to benefit the Como.
- We provide grants for more than 20 organizations involved in conservation and the environment, including the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center and the Coogan Farm Giving Garden.
If you prefer to write a check please send it to:
Stonington Garden Club
P.O. Box 385
Stonington, CT 06378