November 11, 2020
10 am – 12 pm
All Photo submissions must be submitted by November 3rd
They should be emailed to: newslettereditorSGC@gmail.com
Meeting will be held on Zoom Meeting ID: 858 4804 0555
A WALK IN THE WOODS FOR WELLNESS
A Conservation Bench Show
Learn about: What is the magic ingredient found in forests that benefit your health? Local “Hike and Seek” trails for all ages. The Stonington Hike challenge. Access info on local Trails, best hiking apps and what to pack.
AWE OF AUTUMN
A Photography Bench Show
Class I: Wide Angle Color Landscape depicting a Fall Scene
Class II: Medium Angle Color Landscape depicting a Fall Scene
Class III: Close Up Color Photograph of a Botanical that has turned color such as leaves, flowers, grasses, etc.
Class IV: Wide Angle or Medium Angle or Close Up Black and White of a Fall Scene
Photography Entry Rules for all Bench Shows
- One entry of a digital photo per SGC member. (Depending on the number of entries we may allow for more than one entry.)
- Photos must be 1-5 mb in size.
- Photos will not be accepted if received after midnight of the deadline date.
- Digital Photos must be attached to an email addressed to: newslettereditorSGC@gmail.com
(Texted photos will not be accepted.)
- Photo files should be labeled firstname_lastname.jpg. (Example: suzie_jones.jpg)
- Title your Photo: (i.e. “Dahlias in Harkness Park”)
- The email content to which each photo is attached should include the name of the Photographer, phone number, email address for judging comments to be sent, along with a description of the photo and where and when it was taken and the Title of the photo.
- All entries should be the work of the Photographer/Member only. Any editing should be the work of the Photographer/Member only.
- Minimal post processing/editing is allowed but the photo should not be altered significantly.
- Workshop attendance is highly recommended.
Photographs will be sent by the Photography Chair (via Google Slides) to a GCA Photography Judge on November 4 (one week prior to the Membership Meeting). All entries will be evaluated and comments notated by the GCA Judge. All Photographs will then be sent back to the SGC Photography Chair prior to the Membership Meeting. There will be no ranking or “winners” this year. Comments will include critique of composition, cropping, focal point, leading lines, clarity of the photo, and adhering to the theme.
At the November 11 meeting, the Photography Chair will display one by one, all photographs entered in the Bench Show either via Virtual Slides. Comments will be shared with the entire membership.