BEYOND THE SEA
A Photography Bench Show
May 11, 2022
10 am – 12 pm
ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES
- One or two entries of both a digital and printed photo per SGC member. One entry per class. Maximum of two entries permitted per club member.
- Classes will be limited to four entries per class on a first come first serve basis.
- Digital photos should be between 1-5 MB in size.
- Digital photos will be accepted until April 20, 2022. Digital Photos must be attached to an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Texted photos will not be accepted.)
- Digital photo files should be labeled Class Number_firstname_lastname.jpg (Example: Class2_suzie_jones.jpg).
- The email content to which each photo is attached should include the Name of the Photographer, phone number, email address for judging comments to be sent, along with a description of the photo and where and when it was taken and the Title of the photo.
- All entries should be the work of the Photographer/Member only. Any editing should be the work of the Photographer/member only.
- Minimal post processing/editing is allowed, but the photo should not be altered significantly.
- Workshop attendance is highly recommended.
- A printed 8 x 10 or 8 x 12 of your photo(s) should be brought to the membership meeting at 9:30 am so we can put them in the display mats.
CLASS I: Down by the Seaside – Color Photograph featuring water in the landscape.
CLASS II: Walk on the Ocean – Color Photograph of people or pets enjoying the seashore.
CLASS III: From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea – Photograph of a Flower or Plant Element with a water feature.
CLASS IV: Into the Mystic – Monochrome or Black and White Photograph of any subject along the shoreline, including plant life, sea shells, shore birds, and other life by the edge of the sea.
CLASS V: Water Colors in the Rain – A creatively manipulated image inspired by the seashore – the image could include a beach, waterfowl, shells, and/or plant life along the shore.
Digital photograph submissions will be sent by the Photography Chair (via Google Slides) to GCA Photography Judge Ann Franzen prior to the May Membership Meeting. All entries will be evaluated and comments notated by the GCA Judge. Comments will include critique of composition, cropping, focal point, leading lines, clarity of the photo, and adhering to the theme.
This Bench Show will be in a slide show format, and printed photographs will also be displayed in person at the membership meeting. Please bring a printed 8 x 10 photograph a half hour before the membership meeting so we can put them in the display mats.